Whitelock's Luncheon Bar is a Leeds institution. Originally opened in 1715 as the Turk's Head, it was bought by the Whitelock family in the 1880's and remodelled into the pub we see today. Accessed through a narrow gap between Carphone Warehouse and Northern Rock off Briggate, this elongated pub is an absolute delight.
The long copper topped bar is clad in deep relief ceramic tiles, the wall behind the bar decorated in coloured leaded glass. Shallow cubicles line the outer wall and form a narrow corridor where drinkers weave around each other. At the far end is the restaurant where hearty food is served in relatively open space. Sir John Betjeman described Whitelock's as 'the very heart of Leeds,' thankfully it's still a warm and beating heart.
Whitelocks First City Bar -
Find Accommodation Nearby
There is currently no publican's review for this pub
User reviews for Whitelocks First City Bar, Leeds
There are currently no user reviews for this pub