Pubs as as integral in Bristish society as the village church and the town hall. Pubs have a rich and interesting history, here are some facinating facts about pubs. If you know any more please email us
1. Which are the five London Underground stops named after pubs?
Elephant & Castle
2. Which pub is the smallest in the World? Smallest in England?
The Nutshell in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, measuring 5 metres by 2 metres. Closely followed by Old Smith's Arms at Godmanstone, Dorset, (now closed) measuring 6 metres by 3 metres.
3. Which is the largest pub in England
By capacity it is The Regal, Cambridge, an ex-cinema which can seat 1,300 people.
4. Which is the highest Pub above sea level (in England)?
The Tan Hill Inn in the Yorkshire Dales which is 1,700 feet (520m) above sea level.
5. Which is the lowest Pub in England?
The Admiral Wells, Holme, Peterborough which is 9 ft below sea level.
6. Which is the oldest pub in England?
Allegedly it is Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem in Nottingham, built in 1189 AD.
7. Which is the most southerly pub on the English mainland?
The Top House, Lizard, Cornwall
8. The strongest ale in the UK?
BrewDog's Sink The Bismarck which is measured at 40% alcohol.
9. What is the most common pub name in England?
The Red Lion closely followed by The Crown
10. What is the longest pub name in England?
The Old Thirteenth Cheshire Astley Volunteer Rifleman Corps Inn in Stalybridge, Greater Manchester